Move and Learn Sensory Motor Programme
This course has evolved from the Funfit gross motor skills programme and works to develop coordination and fundamental motor skills. It covers the theory of why and how to use movement to assist children to focus and learn. The course is suitable for SENCo, teachers and teaching assistants working with children in key stage 1 and 2 (4-11 years).
- Children at risk of a movement disorder
- Dyspraxia and Developmental coordination disorder
- Motor skill development and postural control
- Theory behind the role of movement in learning
- Move and Learn activities and running the programme
- Outcome measure
Messy handwriting causes teachers concern and can destroy pupil confidence and self esteem. Using experience gathered from many years working as an Occupational Therapist, the tutor will offer practical strategies and solutions to commonly seen difficulties with handwriting in the national curriculum areas of both transcription and composition. It is suitable for SENCo, teachers and teaching assistants working with key stage 1-2 (ages 4-11).
- Dyspraxia or Dyslexia; what could be going on?
- Motor skills needed for handwriting
- Postural control and positioning
- How to tell if it is a motor or processing issue
- Easy tips and tricks that really help
- Improving speed and fluency
- Hand writing programmes
Understanding Sensory Processing Difficulties: the impact on behaviour and learning
Distractible, fidgety, inattentive, clumsy or unable to cope with bustle or noise. These can be signs of sensory processing difficulties.
Are you a teacher who has children with already identified sensory processing issues or are you seeing unexpected poor behaviour but are unsure why or what to do to help?
This course will explain what is really going on and how you can help everyone in the class cope and improve their ability to focus and learn. It is suitable for key stage 1-2 (ages 4-11).
- Sensory processing and the impact on skills, function and learning
- Understanding how sensory processing influences behaviour
- Easy implemented teacher strategies
- Classroom and environmental considerations