Messy handwriting causes teachers concern and can destroy pupil confidence and self esteem. Using experience gathered from many years working as an Occupational Therapist, this course will offer practical strategies and solutions to commonly seen difficulties with handwriting in the national curriculum areas of both transcription and composition. It is suitable for SENCo, teachers and teaching assistants working with key stage 1-2 (ages 4-11)
- Dyspraxia or Dyslexia; what could be going on
- Motor skills needed for handwriting
- Postural control and positioning
- How to tell if it is a motor or processing issue
- Easy tips and tricks that really help
- Improving speed and fluency
- Hand writing programmes are they necessary?